Barbara Maples teaches Immersive Art (Grades 6-12).
CONTACT BARBARA MAPLES: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-going Post Graduate Studies:
- "Renaissance Studies: Transformation of the West" (On-Line Course) 2016 - 2018, Lectures by: Professor Jennifer McNabb, PhD, (History) University of Colorado
- "Heroes and Legends: Most Influential Characters of Literature" (On-Line Course) 2016 - 2018, Lectures by: Professor Thomas A. Shippey, PhD, (Humanities), University of Cambridge
- "Sketching People, Places, and Landscapes" Lectures/Illustrations by: (Artist James Richards, Urban Design and Drawing, University of Texas, Arlington; Artist Shari Blaukopf, Graphic Design teacher, Urban Sketchers Montreal, Canada BFA, Concordia University, specializing in watercolor painting; Artist Paul Heaston, MFA, Montana State University, college-level teaching since 2005; Artist Stephanie Bower, Architectural Illustrator, watercolorist, licensed architect, New York City Architectural sketching at Parsons School of Design, University of Washington, Cornish College of the Arts.)*
*Information from Craftsy and Sympoz, Inc., 2015
- Post-Graduate Continuing Education: ESOL English Professional Learning – SIOP Model Studies, Forsyth County Bd. of Ed, 2008
- University of Minnesota: 2002–2005 Teaching Credential (K-8)/work toward Masters of Education/Emphasis in English, Language Arts
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music: 1988 – 1991, John McCarthy, Master Teacher Three years, post-graduate studies in Piano Four-Hand Performance
- BFA/Music, Piano/Organ Pedagogy, Music Teachers’ Assn. of California, College of Notre Dame/USF (Consortial Degree, including Cal Plan Teaching Credential Program – Lifetime Credential, 1984)
- Additional Undergraduate Studies: Oklahoma Baptist University, University of Georgia, Georgia State University, Atlanta (Art/Theatre major; Music/Business minor)
- 2015-2019 Vantage Point Education, High School Literature/Composition, High School and Middle School Writers Workshop, Beginning Drawing/Sketching/Painting
- 2006-2009 - North Forsyth High School, Cumming, GA, ESOL English Teacher/Parapro, Grades 9-12 (French, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian)
- 2000-2006 - Sacred Heart School, Robbinsdale, MN, Middle School Teacher, HonorsEnglish/Literature, grades 6-8. (Developed current Honors Program/Curriculum; raised MN Basic Skills student test scores from 70% passing to 100% passing in two years.)
- 1975-2000 - Private piano/organ/electronic keyboard studio, annual enrollment 45–50students.
- 1985-2000 - Certificate of Merit Evaluator/Adjudicator, Music Teachers’ Assn of California, California Assn. of Professional Music Teachers, Music Teachers’ National Assn.
- Outstanding American Teacher of the Year, 2005-2006, National Honor Roll, Washington D.C.
- Johns Creek Presbyterian Church, Johns Creek, GA Membership Coordinator/Administrator of 1,100-member church, 2009-2015
- St. Philip’s Episcopal Cathedral, Atlanta, Bishop’s Executive Board, Lay member, 2012–present
- Forsyth County Bd. Of Ed, GACE Test Administrator (Georgia Assn. of Certification of Educators, 2006-2011)
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Minneapolis, MN, Wells Foundation Board of Directors (Philanthropic arm of Cathedral) 2003-2006
- Music Teachers’ Assn. of California State Board of Directors, State President and CEO, 1991-1995; State Vice President 1989-1991; State Treasurer 1987-1989
- University of California, Berkeley, Cal Band Backers Board of Directors, 1984-1988, shared responsibility for development/fundraising.
- “Convention Preparation, Part I & II”, California Music Teacher, Fall, 1993; Spring 1994
- “Teaching the Remedial Student”, California Music Teacher, Fall 1994
- “From the President”, California Music Teacher, on-going articles published quarterly, 1991-1995